The Axis was designed by geologists for geologists to enable easier, more intuitive geological measurements. It features a revolutionary twist on traditional pocket transits! The Axis can measure EVERY ANGLE, EVERY DIRECTION.
- Innovative dual-axis, hollow hinge allows for efficient, accurate measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and inclinations.
- Only one measurement configuration is needed for each measurement type.
- Compass North is oriented parallel to the main hinge which rotates 360°, making the Axis the only transit that can measure strike and dip simultaneously, on any surface!
- The novel lid protractor and 360° rotation around minor axis make the Axis the only transit that can simultaneously measure trend and plunge, even on overhanging surfaces!
- The hollow sighting tube through the hinge eliminates the need for a mirror and sighting arm.
|For information on our full line of geology, geophysical and GPS mapping products, please visit our ASC Scientific main Website at |